Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Getting Started



(This is a photo from the visitor center for Earthships 10 miles north of Taos, NM)

This blog is dedicated to communities around the Southwest, South and Eastcoast that I am visiting this summer.
I have 6 weeks between Natural Building gigs (with Kindra and John of Claysandstraw.com) and I am hoping to gain a lot of insight and inspiration from different folks and their dedication to the land they live on.

From Austin I will be visiting Sante Fe NM, Taos and Taos Pueblo NM, Black Lake NM and the Lama Foundation near San Cristobal and Questa NM.
From then, on east to Tennessee, Kentucky, Pennsylvania, North Carolina, Georgia, Tennessee again and back to Texas in September.

The communities I am planning to visit are:

Dancing Rabbit in MO (but they are full for the summer! Oops!)
Short Mountain Sanctuary in Tennessee
Earthaven in North Carolina
Spillcorn in North Carolina
the Farm in Tennessee
Turtle Island Preserve in North Carolina

Kentucky and Georgia chiefly interest me as possible homes for a Land Centered group of folks.

more soon!
Back to plastering at the Lama Foundation

No comments:

Post a Comment